UPDATE: Code One now has contactless skills appointments available at most locations. Participants are able to register for an appointment once they complete the online AHA course. The AHA eCard is issued on completion of the skills test.
Skills @ Home is still available with a 2-4 week wait time due to popular demand of testing kits.
Skills @ Code One
Now available! Code One has introduced contactless virtual skill sessions for Online AHA programs. Participants meet with an instructor at a Code One training center through video conference to perform skills practice and testing. An AHA eCard is issued upon successful completion. Participants are required to wear personal protective equipment and disinfect their equipment at the start and end of each session.
Appointments are now available at the following Code One training centers:
- Biddeford, ME
- Woburn, MA
- East Hartford, CT
- Stamford, CT
- Philadelphia, PA
- Blue Bell, PA
- Allentown, PA
- Charleston, SC
- Savannah, GA
Skill sessions at additional Code One training centers starting the week of May 26:
- Woodbridge, CT
- WIllimantic, CT
- Worcester, MA
A scheduling link to choose your appointment is sent in your registration confirmation. Appointments are available Monday through Friday, 8am to 8pm, plus Saturday morning sessions at some locations (location specific hours may vary based on building hours).
Skills @ Home
On April 3, 2020 the American Heart Association (AHA) granted Code One authorization to conduct Virtual Skills Testing for Online AHA courses.
- Camera enabled computer, tablet, or phone with the Zoom video conferencing application (test your connection here). Please note: Our instructor must be able to see the manikin when you’re performing skills. Please position your camera properly or arrange to have an assistant from your household hold it for you.
- Completion of an Online American Heart Association course prior to completing Virtual Skills Testing Participant form.
How it works:
- Register online for Virtual Skills Testing. You’ll have the option to add an Online AHA access code to your registration or you may purchase an access code through the Online AHA website:
- Complete your Online AHA course and download your completion certificate.
- Upload your Online AHA completion certificate on our Virtual Skills Testing Form (a link to the form is emailed once you’re registered for Virtual Skills Testing). Completion of this step adds you to our queue for equipment to be shipped.
Receive your Virtual Skills Appointment and Equipment:
Code One will contact you when your Virtual Skills Equipment is ready to ship. We will schedule your skills session appointment and provide additional instructions on what to do. Equipment is shipped to the next customer in the queue when it has been returned and thoroughly decontaminated and disinfected by our team. There are approximately twenty sets of equipment circulating through this program. This program is new and the time frame for equipment shipping will be dependent on the number of people in queue and how quickly equipment comes back to our facility. Please be patient as our team is doing our best to expediently ship equipment.
When your Virtual Skills Equipment arrives, unpack the box and attend your skill session virtual meeting via Zoom. Prepare to commit one uninterrupted hour to this session. Skills sessions average 45 minutes to one hour per course. You may complete multiple courses (i.e. ACLS with BLS) during a single appointment.
Skills testing may include:
- Patient assessment
- Adult, Child, and Infant CPR
- Use of an AED
- Use of a Bag Mask Device
- Megacode practice (ACLS / PALS)
- Review of Acute Coronary Syndromes and Stroke (ACLS)
- Review of shock and respiratory emergencies (PALS)
Once your session is complete, clean the equipment with the enclosed wipes, repack the box, and use the included pre-paid shipping label to return it to Code One. We will conduct a thorough decontamination and disinfection of the equipment when it is returned.
Your AHA eCard will be issued once we receive the returned package.
Contact Code One with any questions you may have about this program – our contact information is here.
Choose your course to register for Online AHA Training with Virtual Skills Testing: