Just took the Medicine Administration Class and it was well worth the time spent. Denise was an awesome instructor and it showed she loves what she's doing teaching these classes.
No matter what the results of my exam last night I want to thank you all from Code One (East Hartford) for your support and the training in such a short time. I should have started with you all. I will definitely recommend Code One to many. Again, thank you. Sincerely, Maggie
Chris is a knowledgeable individual, and I thoroughly enjoyed the PALs class yesterday. Not to mention, he is very easy on the eyes, quite the cutie patootie! =-D Dolph, ER Nurse Extraordinare
The American Heart Association Instructor course is designed to designed to prepare AHA instructors to disseminate the science, skills, and philosophy of resuscitation programs to participants enrolled in AHA courses. There is no question that instructors are the key element in the AHA training network.
The practice of medicine is considered to be both an art and a science. In a similar vein, AHA training involves both “heart” and science. A good AHA instructor is able to teach information and skills and to generate enthusiasm and enlist support of the AHA course goals and objectives, motivating participants to act in emergency situations. AHA instructors are the best tool the AHA has to fulfill its mission- to reduce disability and death caused by heart disease and stroke. The more skilled instructors the AHA ECC Programs have, the more participants will be trained in CPR and ECC. By increasing the number of bystanders prepared and willing to activate the EMS system and provide CPR, early defibrillation, and advanced life support, the AHA will be able to significantly reduce disability and death from heart attacks, cardiac arrest, and stroke.
Requirements for affiliating with Code One Training Solutions, LLC as a Training Center are outlined in our Training Site Application.
This course is intended for individuals competent and comfortable with Basic Life Support skills. Instructor Candidates must hold current American Heart Association BLS for Healthcare Provider certification and can teach the Healthcare Provider, Heartsaver, and Friends and Family curriculum upon completion of this program.
American Heart Association instructors must become established with a Training Center to teach courses. Requirements for affiliating with Code One Training Solutions, LLC as a Training Center are outlined in our Training Site Application.
Instructor Certification Process
- Online BLS Instructor Essentials: An access code for the Online BLS Instructor Essentials course will be emailed to you upon registration. Complete this component prior to coming to your instructor course.
- BLS Instructor Course: The instructor course will consist of verification of BLS Provider skills through a written exam and skills testing session. Instructor candidates will learn the types of courses offered and the organizational structure of theAmerican Heart Association. Instructor candidates are scheduled for observation sessions.
- Observation: Instructor candidates observe as many BLS Provider courses taught by Code One instructors until they feel comfortable teaching independently. This step can be conducted at any Code One Training Center.
- Monitoring: Instructor candidates teach a course independently under the supervision of Code One Training Center Faculty. Faculty will evaluate instructor candidate performance against a rubric of requirements from the American Heart Association. Successful monitoring will result in issuance of a BLS Instructor certification from the American Heart Association. This step may be completed at a Code One Training Center (included) or off-site for a fee.
- Independent Instruction: BLS Instructors may join an existing training site within their workplace or organization or establish a new training site. All instructors must be affiliated with an American Heart Association Training Center to issue certification cards for courses they instruct. Requirements for affiliating with Code One Training Solutions, LLC as a Training Center are outlined in our Training Site Application.
$350 – Includes pocket mask and two year American Heart Association Basic Life Support certification upon successful completion of monitoring.
If you have 6 or more participants attending this course, contact us for a group discount.