On October 1, 2018, Connecticut OEMS announced that effective October 15:
- The KED station will be eliminated from the practical examination process. There will not be a 6th station to replace the KED station.
- The “Bleeding Control / Shock” skill station has been added as a possible assignment for Random. Only one Random skill (Long Bone, Joint, or Bleeding Control / Shock) will be tested per exam.
- The CPR AED Station has been updated to reflect the 2017 NREMT skill sheet.
- Candidates that have already tested and have failed 3 or more stations (excluding KED) will have to repeat the entire examination. Here is a registration link: https://code1web.com/practical-examination-initial-testing/
- Candidates that have failed 2 stations or have failed 2 stations plus KED will still be eligible to repeat their 2 failed stations only. Here is a registration link: https://code1web.com/practical-examination-repeat-testing
- Candidates that have failed 1 station or 1 station plus KED may complete a Review and Retrain with their instructor without having to repeat stations during a state exam.
The official state NREMT testing sheets are available for your reference.
We hope that this information is helpful for you in the testing process. Our team is prepared to answer any questions that you may have.