- Darren Aaron
Professional group. Responsive, always available to assist and provide the tools I need to have a successful class. ... read more - 5/26/2018E T
Our BLS instructor was very knowledgable, patient & thorough. Code One makes you feel welcome & confident in your skills... read more - 5/11/2018
- Sabrina Botelho
Learned a lot in the two days I was there. Good learning experience. Only wish there was a acls session... read more - 7/03/2015Jason Bealer
This was a great class. Daniel was clear and concise. Energetic and enthusiastic about teaching. He made it fun.... read more - 4/17/2018
- Marie Sprow
The initial contact by the company after I signed up, the confirmation, responsiveness with my questions, as well as the... read more - 7/23/2018Trice Martin
Great company for your BLS and ACLS needs. This is the second time I've used them and I was very... read more - 10/21/2017
- Heath Hughes
I have never done national testing so my review is only based on this one experience. I was told by... read more - 8/28/2018Tanya Fountaine
I had Don for a refresher BLS, and he was great! Very friendly, easy going, and made the class... read more - 5/22/2015Emily Clifford
Everyone here was just great. So helpful in getting me an appointment to take the skills portion of BLS provider.... read more - 9/27/2017
Code One’s 100 hour OEMS approved Emergency Medical Services Instructor course introduces participants to the multiple intelligences of the adult learner. Participants will participate in interactive activities to identify the characteristics of effective instructors, integrate adult learning theories into program design, develop examination methods that are valid and reliable, and embrace teaching techniques that maximize student success
Our EMS-I course curriculum involves lectures, hands-on practical training, and student teaching time. Candidates that successfully complete this course will be eligible to apply for State of Connecticut certification as an Emergency Medical Services – Instructor.
Certification Eligibility Requirements
Upon completion of the EMS Instructor program participants must successfully complete 25 hours of student teaching time.
Graduates will need to submit an application to the Connecticut Office of Emergency Medical Services that provides evidence of certification requirements:
- Completion certificate from an approved Emergency Medical Services Instructor course – this will be provided by Code One to program graduates.
- Evidence of current EMT, Advanced EMT, or Paramedic certification/licensure in Connecticut.
- A letter from a Connecticut Chief of Service verifying that the candidate has worked as EMS provider for at least 24 months in the last 36 months.
- Evidence of a grade of 90% or higher on an EMT-Refresher examination in the last 12 months. Code One offers the exam monthly in East Hartford and we will provide you with one complementary testing voucher.
- A log of at least 25 hours of student teaching time under currently certified Emergency Medical Services Instructors – this may be obtained through an externship with Code One or another externship arranged by the candidate.
- Two letters of recommendation from 2 currently certified Emergency Medical Services Instructors – these will be provided to applicants that successfully complete externships with Code One.
Participants in Code One’s EMS Instructor course may apply to for a student instruction externship with Code One’s EMS team. Externships may also be arranged outside of Code One by the participant.
Participants will receive a voucher to complete an EMT Refresher examination at Code One to meet the examination requirement. EMT Refresher exams are offered monthly on Sundays in East Hartford.
Participants will receive a voucher for American Heart Association Basic Life Support Instructor certification training. BLS Instructor is not required for EMS Instructor certification but will be useful for participants developing an EMS training program.
Participants will be eligible to apply for EMS-Instructor certification once all of the above requirements have been met.
Textbooks and Materials
Required course materials include:
- Foundations of Education, 2nd Edition is available for purchase during registration.
- Participants must have access to a laptop computer for presentation and classroom activities.
Course materials, included:
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support Instructor course voucher.
Course Fee and Payment Methods
Course Fee: $1250 – Includes Foundations of Education, Second Edition textbook, voucher for EMT Refresher examination, and voucher for American Heart Association BLS Instructor course.
Payment Methods: Code One Training Solutions, LLC accepts checks, all major credit cards (Visa/Mastercard/Discover/Amex), Paypal, and cash for course payments. Participants may pay a $200 nonrefundable deposit to hold their seat or payment for the program in full. Participants paying a deposit will receive an invoice for their balance within 2 business days of registration. All course fees must be paid in full prior to the start of class.
Purchase Orders: Public agencies and businesses may issue a purchase order and be invoiced for participants. Please have participant register using the discount code “INVOICE” and include invoicing instructions (agency name, address, reference PO number) in the comments box. Email completed purchase orders to [email protected] or fax to (888) 427-7448 .
Payment Plan: Code One accepts Paypal Credit which provides tuition payment with 0% interest for 6 months. Select “Pay in Full” during registration and choose Paypal for your payment method. You’ll be directed to Paypal’s secure website. Above the “Pay Now” button will be a box that says “Get more time to pay with PayPal Credit” – click the “Apply Now” link. Paypal will pay for your course fees in full and then you can make payments to PayPal for your balance.
If you have paid a deposit and wish to pay your balance via PayPal Credit, please email Amanda at [email protected] for a PayPal Invoice.
GI Bill: Code One is currently applying for GI Bill acceptance to cover tuition for Veterans. We will update this section when we are approved for GI Bill acceptance. Thank you for your service! (updated 9/7/2017)