This course is intended for all healthcare providers with clinical responsibilities including nurses, physicians, paramedics, respiratory therapists, physician’s assistants, residents or fellows, and medical or nursing students in training.
HeartCode BLS uses a variety of eLearning assets such as dramatizations, eSimulations, animations, self-directed learning, and interactive activities to teach students BLS knowledge and skills.
After completing the online portion, students attend a structured BLS Hands-On Session with an AHA Instructor. This session focuses on meaningful skills practice, debriefing, team scenarios, discussions of local protocols, and skills testing.
The Heartcode BLS course includes:
- New science and education from the 2015 AHA Guidelines Update for CPR and ECC
- The components of high-quality CPR for adults, children, and infants
- The AHA Chain of Survival for prehospital and in-facility providers
- Important early use of an AED
- Effective ventilations using a barrier device
- Importance of teams in multirescuer resuscitation and performance as an effective team member during multirescuer CPR
- Relief of foreign-body airway obstruction (choking) for adults and infants
An American Heart Association Heartcode BLS access code, pocket mask, and two-year BLS Provider certification card are included in this course. Skills testing may be purchased separately for participants that have already completed the online portion.
Includes Heartcode BLS access code, pocket mask, and two-year BLS Provider certification card upon successful completion.
Proficient demonstration of BLS skills and a score of 84% or higher on the online examination are required for certification. Students that do not achieve either of these will be remediated and allowed an additional attempt to test.
Successful completion of this course results in an American Heart Association Basic Life Support Provider certification which is valid for 2 years from the date of the course.
Participants must complete the Online Heartcode BLS course before their Heartcode BLS Skill Session and bring their online completion certificate. Participants that do not bring their certificate to their Skill Session will be rescheduled.
Select a Heartcode BLS Skill Session date/time below or order a Heartcode BLS access code and schedule your skills session later.
You will be able to order your online access code when registering for your date.