My instructor was deliberate and cheerful while delivering life saving information explained as to why in real life settings. The online scenarios were excellent in giving memory to the order procedures should be performed. I recommend this class... read more
This course is intended for healthcare providers with clinical responsibilities in pediatric critical care settings including nurses, physicians, paramedics, respiratory therapists, physician’s assistants, residents or fellows, and medical or nursing students in training.
All participants must have a current Basic Life Support Provider certification to participate in this course. Participants may complete the Online BLS for Healthcare Providers course and complete the skills testing portion during your PALS course – simply select this option during the registration process.
HeartCode PALS uses a variety of eLearning assets such as dramatizations, eSimulations, animations, self-directed learning, and interactive activities to teach students BLS knowledge and skills.
After completing the online portion, students attend a structured PALS Hands-On Session with an AHA Instructor. This session focuses on meaningful skills practice, debriefing, team scenarios, discussions of local protocols, and skills testing.
The Heartcode PALS course includes:
- Performing high-quality Child CPR AED and Infant CPR per AHA BLS recommendations
- Differentiating between patients who do and do not require immediate intervention
- Recognizing cardiopulmonary arrest early and beginning CPR within 10 seconds
- Applying team dynamics
- Differentiating between respiratory distress and failure
- Performing early interventions for respiratory distress and failure
- Differentiating between compensated and decompensated (hypotensive) shock
- Performing early interventions for the treatment of shock
- Differentiating between unstable and stable patients with arrhythmias
- Describing clinical characteristics of instability in patients with arrhythmias
- Implementing post–cardiac arrest management
The Heartcode PALS Skills Session must be completed within 90 days of Online Course Completion
An American Heart Association Heartcode PALS access code, pocket mask, and two-year PALS Provider certification card are included in this course. Skills testing may be purchased separately for participants that have already completed the online portion.
Includes Heartcode PALS access code, pocket mask, and two-year PALS Provider certification card upon successful completion.
Proficient demonstration of PALS skills and a score of 84% or higher on the online examination are required for certification. Students that do not achieve either of these will be remediated and allowed an additional attempt to test.
Successful completion of this course results in an American Heart Association Pediatric Advanced Life Support Provider certification which is valid for 2 years from the date of the course.
Participants must complete the Online Heartcode PALS course before their Heartcode PALS Skill Session and bring their online completion certificate. Participants that do not bring their certificate to their Skill Session will be rescheduled.
Select a Heartcode PALS Skill Session date/time below or order a Heartcode PALS access code and schedule your skills session later.
You will be able to order your online access code when registering for your date.