Easy to deal with and very accommodating to our group's needs. The instructor was knowledgeable, friendly and very helpful. We all enjoyed the class and appreciate the time spent training us. We will definitely work with Code... read more
I had to take a BLS CPR recertification. Class and facilities were clean and we'll organized. There was enough materials for each student to practice individually. Instructor was great and straight to the point with important information... read more
This course is intended for EMTs seeking CAPCE approved continuing education hours for NREMT EMT renewal. EMTs may renew state licensure in states that follow the NCCP model or accept CAPCE credits.
Nationally Registered EMTs are required to renew their certification every two years. Recertification may be completed through continuing education or by repeating the EMT psychomotor and written examinations. The EMT National Continued Competency Program (NCCP) establishes the continuing education standard used for recertification. The NCCP model requires continuing education in three components – a national component, a local/state component, and an individual component.
Continuing education must be approved by the Commission on Accreditation for Prehospital Continuing Education (CAPCE) or by the state EMS office.
Code One has partnered with Prodigy EMS to deliver a high-quality CAPCE approved Paramedic NCCP Refresher program.
National Component (20 Hours)
National component topics include airway and respiration, cardiovascular, trauma, medical, and EMS operations.
Local / State Component (10 Hours)
These hours are flexible unless your state EMS office or local medical control has specific requirements.
Individual Component (10 Hours)
These are flexible hours that may be achieved through any CAPCE approved educational component.
Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT)
The Paramedic NCCP program limits topics delivered by distributive education (recorded sessions delivered online) to 24 hours. Our online NCCP EMT Refresher provides an assortment of virtual instructor led training four days per week with four courses offered per day. Session topics are rotated to ensure that content is available to meet needed NCCP topic areas.
How do I start my training?
- Register for the EMT NCCP Refresher course
- You will be emailed a Registration Code to begin your training immediately on the Prodigy EMS Training System. Follow the instructions to create an account and enter your Registration Code.
- Enter your state and/or NREMT certification(s) and save.
- Your personalized training plan will load and you’ll see which courses you’ll need to take to renew your EMT certification.
- The “Class Catalog” allows you to choose a class from the list (hint: you can filter to see which classes are required for completion and courses which will have a live component coming up in the next week). Each class will have “Register” buttons for any scheduled live sessions or to register for the self-paced program.
- When you register for a self-paced class, you’ll see a “Take Class” button which will allow you to start the class immediately. After the program is presented, you’ll be directed to a quiz for the presented topic. Complete the quiz at the end of the class to receive credit.
- When you register for a live class, you’ll receive an email notification with a reminder for the live class date and time. Login 10 minutes prior to the class and select the “Take Class” button to join the live classroom. After the live program is presented, you’ll be directed to a quiz for the presented topic. Complete the quiz at the end of the class to receive credit.
After you’ve completed all of the topic hours for your EMT NCCP Refresher, you can load your transcript into the NREMT website for your renewal.