Incident Management for Active Assailant Emergencies
Connecticut Office of Rural Health
Incident Management for Active Shooter Emergencies combines lessons instructed in the Tactical Emergency Casualty Care program with fundamental Multiple Casualty Incident training including SMART Triage and integration of the National Incident Management System (NIMS).
This initiative is supported by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) of the U.S. Department of Human Services (HHS) under grant H95RH00151, State Offices of Rural Health $172,000.
Course Fee: FREE
Incident Management for Active Assailant Emergencies combines lessons instructed in the Tactical Emergency Casualty Care program with fundamental Multiple Casualty Incident training including SMART Triage and integration of the National Incident Management System (NIMS).
This program is delivered in a single-day, 8 hour session that provides the basis for the following objectives:
1. Participant will learn to develop a Pre-Incident Medical Response plan for high-target meeting places in their community.
2. Participant will identify safety considerations when arriving on the scene of a Multiple Casualty Incident.
3. Participant will review the NIMS Incident Command System (ICS) and will identify the steps of establishing a Command Post.
4. Participant will utilize the fundamentals of SMART Triage to perform 30 second assessments on casualties including the treatment of immediate life threats (bleeding and breathing).
5. Participant will participate in practice exercises in the Command Post and in a Tactical Team conducting field triage exercises.
This course is intended for first responders including EMTs and Paramedics, firefighters, police, and military personnel.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Participants receive a certificate of completion for this course.
Code One’s Upcoming Course Schedule is Sorted by Location Below
No schedule being displayed above? This section uses iFrame and Java functionality which your browser may not support. Click here for our legacy schedule viewer.