Our previous article What is the Cost of EMT Training provided a range of EMT course prices and a few ways to evaluate the cost of a class. In this article we will discuss scholarship and financial aide opportunities that exist when it comes to affording EMT training.
Since EMT programs in Connecticut are approved by the Department of Public Health (specifically the Office of Emergency Medical Services) and not the Department of Higher Education, EMT courses are ineligible for federal financial aide programs. EMT tuition can be paid by the participant, a sponsor, or through private and public organizations listed below.
General EMT Scholarships:
- Boundtree Scholarship: https://www.boundtree.com/scholarship-program.aspx
- NAEMT Foundation Scholarship
- NAEMT Advancement Scholarship (must be certified as EMR to apply)
Hartford Area EMT Scholarships and Tuition Assistance:
- Blue Hills Civic Association: https://www.bluehillscivic.org/
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Scholarships: http://capitalworkforce.org/index.php/career-planning-center1/specialty-programs/wia-scholarships
New Haven Area EMT Scholarships and Tuition Assistance:
- Workforce Alliance: http://www.workforcealliance.biz/growth-sect/healthcare/hcap