About Code One
Code One Training Solutions, LLC was established in 2007 when founder, Richard Shok, was an undergraduate in the University of Connecticut’s School of Nursing. Rich recognized there was a need for CPR training in the university community – other classes were infrequent, distant, and of varying quality and content. Code One was established to fill this void and its on-campus CPR classes were well-received and highly praised by administration and students alike.
Upon graduation, Rich realized a similar gap existed in the community. Code One launched its first community training center in 2009 and has continued to grow since then. Currently Code One operates six permanent facilities and two mobile training vehicles in four states on the east coast. Code One’s team of seven full time professional staff and 40 instructors are still led by Rich. Instructors provide courses at Code One’s training centers and also travel to clients nationwide to teach lifesaving training for small businesses to Fortune 500 corporations.
As an American Heart Association (AHA) Training Center, Code One is authorized to instruct all training programs the AHA offers. Code One is further responsible for overseeing close to 100 training sites and their affiliate instructors. In 2017, Code One and its affiliate sites already trained over 13,000 people to provide lifesaving care.
Hiring and Onboarding Process
Code One has established a hiring and onboarding process for all prospective employees joining our team. Here are the steps to expect:
- Job Postings: All current postings are listed on Code One’s website (www.code1web.com/careers) and are marked with a closing date or Ongoing. For postings with a closing date, no applications will be accepted after the date has passed. For postings marked Ongoing, Code One will accept applications continually and will review submitted applications when there is an opening.
- Application: All prospective employees must complete an application on Code One’s website. Prospective employees that do not have access to a computer or internet may apply in person by appointment at a Code One Training Center. Please call
860.786.1789to request an appointment.
- Application Review: Code One’s hiring team will review applications and resumes for relevant experience and qualifications. Applicants that are deemed to have experience and qualifications that align with the job description of the posted position will move to the next step. Applications that do not align with the job description will be kept on file and considered for future openings.
- Phone Screening: Code One’s hiring team will conduct a phone screening for applicants who demonstrate the experience or qualifications desired for a position. Applicants that are successfully screened are scheduled for an interview.
- Interview: Code One’s hiring team will conduct an interview of the applicant. The interview team will include the position’s Team Leader and a Manager. The hiring team will determine whether to offer the position to one or more interviewed candidates or repost the position for additional applications.
- Offer: Once one more more candidates have been selected for a position, they will be notified by the hiring team and emailed an Offer Letter. This offer will outline a schedule, supervision, pay rate, benefits (if applicable), and contingencies (such as background check, drug test, and probationary period).
- Onboarding: Once a position has been accepted, the candidate will be scheduled for onboarding. This portion will include an orientation to Code One and assignment to work with a preceptor who will provide on-the-job orientation and training. Once the preceptor has deemed the teammate to have successfully completed their training, they will be scheduled to work independently.
Code One Training Solutions, LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Code One Training Solutions, LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Code One Training Solutions, LLC expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Code One Training Solutions, LLC’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Advanced Life Support Instructor – All Locations – (Ongoing) – Click to View Job Description
Basic Life Support Instructor – All Locations – (Ongoing) – Click to View Job Description
Practical Skills Examiner – East Hartford, CT (Ongoing) – Click to View Job Description
Registered Nurse – East Hartford, CT – (Ongoing) – Click to View Job Description