Excellent ACLS course. Knowledgable and friendly staff. Thank you!
I highly recomend Code One to everyone for EMT! best place! great staff. very helpful. Shout out to my great instructor, Don Lanier!
Excellent training session. I attended one in Woodbridge which was conducted by Nick. This instructor's knowledge, professionalism, commitment and ability to teach is of highest level. I would highly recommend Code One Training Solutions to everyone.
The American Heart Association Instructor course is designed to designed to prepare AHA instructors to disseminate the science, skills, and philosophy of resuscitation programs to participants enrolled in AHA courses. There is no question that instructors are the key element in the AHA training network.
The practice of medicine is considered to be both an art and a science. In a similar vein, AHA training involves both “heart” and science. A good AHA instructor is able to teach information and skills and to generate enthusiasm and enlist support of the AHA course goals and objectives, motivating participants to act in emergency situations. AHA instructors are the best tool the AHA has to fulfill its mission- to reduce disability and death caused by heart disease and stroke. The more skilled instructors the AHA ECC Programs have, the more participants will be trained in CPR and ECC. By increasing the number of bystanders prepared and willing to activate the EMS system and provide CPR, early defibrillation, and advanced life support, the AHA will be able to significantly reduce disability and death from heart attacks, cardiac arrest, and stroke.
Requirements for affiliating with Code One Training Solutions, LLC as a Training Center are outlined in our Training Site Application.
This course is intended for individuals competent and comfortable with Heartsaver skills. Instructor Candidates must hold current American Heart Association Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED certification and can teach the Heartsaver, and Friends and Family curriculum upon completion of this program.
American Heart Association instructors must become established with a Training Center to teach courses. Requirements for affiliating with Code One Training Solutions, LLC as a Training Center are outlined in our Training Site Application.
Instructor Certification Process
- Online Heartsaver Instructor Essentials: An access code for the Online Heartsaver Instructor Essentials course will be emailed to you upon registration. Complete this component prior to coming to your instructor course.
- Heartsaver Instructor Course: The instructor course will consist of verification of Heartsaver skills through a written exam and skills testing session. Instructor candidates will learn the types of courses offered and the organizational structure of theAmerican Heart Association. Instructor candidates are scheduled for observation sessions.
- Observation: Instructor candidates observe as many Heartsaver courses taught by Code One instructors until they feel comfortable teaching independently. This step can be conducted at any Code One Training Center.
- Monitoring: Instructor candidates teach a course independently under the supervision of Code One Training Center Faculty. Faculty will evaluate instructor candidate performance against a rubric of requirements from the American Heart Association. Successful monitoring will result in issuance of a Heartsaver Instructor certification from the American Heart Association. This step may be completed at a Code One Training Center (included) or off-site for a fee.
- Independent Instruction: Heartsaver Instructors may join an existing training site within their workplace or organization or establish a new training site. All instructors must be affiliated with an American Heart Association Training Center to issue certification cards for courses they instruct. Requirements for affiliating with Code One Training Solutions, LLC as a Training Center are outlined in our Training Site Application.
$300 – Includes pocket mask and two year American Heart Association Heartsaver Instructor certification upon successful completion of monitoring.
If you have 6 or more participants attending , contact us for a group discount.
Successful completion of this course and subsequent monitoring results in an American Heart Association Heartsaver Instructor certification which is valid for 2 years from the date of the course.