Did you register for a class with Code One, but now you no longer need it? This article will help guide your eligibility for a refund.
If you registered for an instructor-led (classroom) course, we ask for at least 24 hour notice of the cancellation.
- If we are provided that notice, we can grant your refund, minus a 10% processing fee.
- If there is less than 24 hours notice, you are not eligible for a refund, but we do allow one complimentary reschedule.
- Please note- if you originally rescheduled from a course but now want to cancel, or request to cancel after the course date, you forfeit your refund.
For our BEACON online courses with skill sessions, refunds will depend on the course purchased and what has been accessed or scheduled.
- If the course has not been accessed and skills have not been scheduled, you are eligible for a refund, less the 10% processing fee.
- Once the online course has been accessed, it is no longer refundable. You may be eligible for a refund of the cost of the skills portion only.
For the Beacon (Heartcode) Skills appointments– we follow the same guidelines as instructor-led courses.
- If we are provided at least 24 hour notice, we can refund the cost minus the fee.
- Less than 24 hours there is no refund, but you do have the option to reschedule.
- Please note, the 24 hour notice is in reference to the class start time on the original registration receipt. This can be found in your confirmation email.
Materials that were shipped – the cost will be deducted from the amount refunded. When the materials are returned in the original, unopened packaging, the amount will be refunded.
EMT State Practical Exam Fees are non-refundable
EMT Course Deposit – The $200 deposit is non refundable but can be transferred to another EMT course within 6 months. We will accommodate one class transfer within that deposit. Any balance paid over the deposit can be refunded if the class has not started. Once class begins, there is no refund.
These guidelines are also listed in our terms and conditions in our class registration.
Participants are allowed one (1) complementary option to reschedule to another course session per registration. Participants must request to reschedule prior to the course start time for the class that appears on the original registration receipt. Reschedule requests submitted after the course start time are subject to a $25 reschedule fee. The cost of the rescheduled course must be of equal or less cost of the initially scheduled program or the cost difference must be paid by the participant.
Registrations for EMT Psychomotor examinations (practical testing) may not be rescheduled.
Any participant requesting to reschedule should email Customer Support with the date, time, and location of the course they would like to be rescheduled to: email@example.com
Any participant requesting a refund of course fees must submit their request to Customer Support via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Except as indicated in the conditions below, refund requests received at least 24 hours prior to the course start time for the class or appointment that appears on the original registration receipt will be honored less a 10% processing fee plus the cost of materials that were already shipped or picked up. The cost of materials will be refunded if they are returned unopened in new condition within 30 days of the refund request. The customer is responsible for return shipping.
Exceptions to refund policy:
1. Cancellation requests received less than 24 hours prior to the course start time or after the scheduled start time for the class that appears on the original registration receipt .
2. Online course access codes and eBooks are non-refundable.
3. Deposits for EMS courses are non-refundable but may be transferred to another Code One EMS Course which starts within 6 months of the course date that appears on the original registration receipt.
4. Examination fees for EMT Psychomotor examinations (practical testing) are non-refundable.
Once refunds are requested, please allow a few days for processing. It may take longer for your bank to display the refund on your account. Refunds are processed back to the original payment method. If there are any issues, our staff will reach out to you. If there are any questions, please feel free to reach out to our Customer Support Agents who will be happy to help.