Candidates that have failed two (2) stations at a previous practical exam may repeat their failed stations during another exam date. Candidates repeating the Random station may not necessarily repeat the same station that they originally failed. Random may consist of one joint immobilization, long bone immobilization, or bleeding control / shock station and is assigned by the Chief Examiner at the start of the exam.
All examiners undergo training through the Connecticut Office of Emergency Medical Services and each exam is supervised by an OEMS Chief Examiner.
Rules and Requirements
- Candidates must arrive by 6:00 PM. Candidates arriving after 6:00 PM will NOT be admitted into the examination and will forfeit their examination fee!
- Talking, outside papers such as NREMT skill sheets and notes, electronic devices, weapons, and books are not permitted in the testing or staging areas. Please leave these items in your vehicle or at the front desk. Code One is not responsible for items left at the examination.
- What to Wear to Your Examination: Candidates must not wear any clothing that identifies them to an organization, agency, or department (i.e. Fire Department shirts). No hats will be permitted in the examination. Clothing should also be appropriate for the movements and activities being performed (skirts and low cut shirts will not be permitted). Those dressed inappropriately will be required to change attire prior to the start time of the test.
- What to Bring to Your Examination: Candidates MUST bring one form of identification to the examination that is current and valid, contain a photo and a signature, and be a U.S. or State official ID such as a Passport, Military ID, Driver’s License, or Official Student ID.
- Any candidate that does not comply with the above rules will be dismissed from the examination and will forfeit their examination fee and test results.
- Requesting Special Accommodations: Testing Accommodations may only be provided with authorization from OEMS in advance of the examination. Documentation supporting the need for accommodation must be supplied with the requests. All requests for special accommodation must be made no less than ten (10) business days prior to the examination.
Candidates will be evaluated against the official CT OEMS skill sheets.
The stations tested are:
- BVM Ventilation
- Cardiac Arrest AED
- Random Skill (Joint Immobilization, Long Bone Immobilization, or Bleeding Control / Shock)
- Medical Assessment
- Trauma Assessment
Practical Exam Schedule
Important, please read:
- Candidates who have previously tested and have passed three stations are eligible to test their remaining two stations by registering below.
- Candidates who have previously tested and have failed three or more stations must register for initial testing here.
No schedule being displayed above? This section uses iFrame and Java functionality which your browser may not support. Click here for our legacy schedule viewer.