Prehospital Trauma Life Support
HYBRID COURSE | $350
- Distributive online training with in-person review and skills day
- Engaging class led by experienced EMS educators
- Includes CAPCE credits for NREMT recertification
Prehospital Trauma Life Support is internationally recognized for its evidence-based approach to reducing injury and death resulting from trauma.
PHTLS is developed by NAEMT in cooperation with the American College of Surgeons’ Committee on Trauma. The Committee provides the medical direction and content oversight for the PHTLS program.
PHTLS is based on a philosophy stressing the treatment of the multi-system trauma patient as a unique entity with specific needs. PHTLS promotes critical thinking as the foundation for providing quality care. It is based on the belief that, given a good fund of knowledge and key principles, EMS practitioners are capable of making reasoned decisions regarding patient care.
- NREMT Recertification: 16 Hours Approved by Commission on Accreditation for Prehospital Continuing Education (CAPCE) for use in NREMT Recertification
- State Recertification: Approved by Most States for EMT Recertification
Learners complete their PHTLS Hybrid training in two parts:
- Online Component: 8 hours of self-paced, interactive online training which may be completed anytime prior to the classroom component
- Classroom Component: 8 hours of in-person scenario and skills practice with a written examination at the end of the day.
Successful completion of both portions results in NAEMT Prehospital Trauma Life Support certification which is valid for 3 years and a certificate for 16 CAPCE approved continuing education hours.
This program is appropriate for initial and renewal certification for PHTLS providers.