Can Canadians take American Heart Association training

Can Canadians take American Heart Association training?

There are a number of circumstances that Canadian healthcare professionals would require American Heart Association (AHA) courses such as BLS/CPR, Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) or Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS). For example, Canadian travel nurses who are preparing for an assignment in the United States or Canadian medical students who will be attending a US residency or fellowship program likely need to have AHA certifications to begin work or training.

If you already have certification from the Canadian Heart Association or a similar agency which follows International Liaison Committee on Resuscitation (ILCOR) recommendations, the course content will be extremely similar to what you already know.

Code One has several US locations near Canadian border crossings. With our BEACON program, you can complete a portion of your AHA training online from the comfort of your home and then come to our center for a skills appointment. Sessions are offered multiple times daily to provide unparalleled flexibility in scheduling.

Code One locations near Canadian border crossings:

Scroll to Top