Do you have a specialized course for licensed daycare providers_

Do you have a specialized course for licensed daycare providers?

Being prepared for anything is just part of the job when you’re responsible for multiple children. Unfortunately, that may also include a serious medical event, so we want to help childcare providers be ready to act when necessary.

The American Heart Association offers the Heartsaver program for those people who aren’t medical professionals, but may be called on to respond to a child in crisis. The specific course is called Heartsaver Pediatric First Aid CPR AED.

According to the AHA:

The course is intended for those involved in childcare who have a duty to respond to illnesses and injuries in a child or infant in the first few minutes until professional help arrives. This audience includes childcare workers, teachers, foster care workers, camp counselors, youth organizations, and coaches for children’s sports organizations. This course is also ideal for parents, grandparents, extended family, babysitters, and guardians.

At Code One, we offer this course as Virtual Instructor Led Training, which is a Zoom-style class presented online. This class must be followed by a practical demonstration, where students “act out” different scenarios using our mannikins. 

State of Connecticut:

You may also be required to take a Medication Administration class if you work in childcare in the State of Connecticut. This class trains childcare providers on the safe delivery of oral, inhaled, topical, and injectable medications commonly used in family daycare homes and childcare centers. This course is compliant with Connecticut Office of Early Childhood requirements.

Participants who have already completed the Medication Administration program before will need periodic reauthorization for injectable medications. These students can take the Epinephrine Refresher course.

Leave a Reply

Scroll to Top